Monday, June 7, 2010

Make It Rain, Make It Shower

"Into each life some rain must fall, some days must be dark and dreary." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

As I lay on the couch (remember, I'm banned from saying lounge on the couch, which is really more what I'm doing...) I'm listening to the thunder roll in. It's very dreary outside, which is indicative of my mood. Sometimes it's just nice to marinate in a good storm.

Moving is bittersweet. It creates a totally new, blank slate, waiting for me to write on it. At the same time, it creates a totally new, blank slate, with nothing on it. At all. And maybe I'm about to draw some cartoons on it.

Moving has brought a whole new set of adventures into the Sanchez household, which shall be chronicled in later posts. Most of them have been humorous; some have been frustrating. Be prepared for some of them to have Gale Beggy appearances. By Gale Beggy, I mean my loving mother. She and my dad came to visit this weekend. These are my parents who learned all about new technology and were even beating me at it. You'd think a drive into Houston would be cake right? Wrong. So wrong, I don't even know how to begin. So I'm not going to. You'll have to read next time for that Houston Adventure.

Sorry to leave you hanging, but I have storms to marinate in, blogs to read, and placemats to iron. I mean. I totally don't iron my placemats. Only if they need to be ironed. I mean, who irons their placemats? I clearly have enough to do and don't have a need for a job.

Until next time!

PS - Spellcheck told me "place mat" was two words. I disagree, spellcheck. I'm leaving it as one word. If spellcheck ever came to dine with me, I would give him a completely wrinkly placemat because of all the confusion he has caused me.

No comments:

Post a Comment