Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Downpour

There is nothing like a summer shower. I'm currently sitting out on my balcony, in the middle of a downpour. (Don't worry, it's covered. I know I don't have an abundance of sense sometimes, but you have to have a little more faith than that...) I love a good rain, when it saturates everything, renewing and replenishing life and washing away old grime. The best thing out of a good rain is probably cooler, more crisp air. (Cool er. The air will never be cool in Houston. I need to come to terms with that.....)

Don't even get me started on how much I adore thunder. Love. It. Especially rolling thunder.

However, sometimes you can have too much of a good thing. Water sustains life, but it is also a powerful force that takes it away. My thoughts are with those suffering from the recent flash flooding in Oklahoma and Arkansas.

Ironic that something life can't go on without also has the ability to end it.

'Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment