Monday, May 31, 2010

How......Lovely

After two weeks of relaxing (by relaxing, I mean not going to work. It included some actual relaxing and traveling around Texas for an excellent few days. But it also included packing, moving, unpacking, organizing, car repair, husband's graduation...), all I want to do is relax more! And maybe dance. Both of these things would be acceptable.

I went to a beautiful wedding this past weekend. Going to weddings is one of my favorite things. What a celebration of love - primarily the love of the bride and groom, but also of their family, friends and loved ones. Weddings symbolize new and exciting beginnings. It's all very inspiring!

"To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable."

— C.S. Lewis (The Four Loves)


Love is risky, but so worth it! I don't just mean romantic love, but all kinds. Moving has made me realize how important relationships are, both with my family and friends. I will go forth in my new city with love!

Also, here is one of my favorite ee cummings poems, which is about love.

Bring it on, Houston.

Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment