Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Boxes II

Items I uncovered during the box extravaganza 2010:

1. Old 5 X 7 of my middle school boyfriend, which is now waiting on my mom's nightstand in a giant frame. I would like to be a fly on the wall when she notices.

2. About 20 shirts I bought from the thrift store in the kid section that I used to wear in high school. What was I thinking??

3. Jeans, select pairs I couldn't bear to part with. Obviously because jnco jeans are hard to come by and are super gangster. What was I thinking?? Some legit ones were in the mix as well, including the jeans I painted with my girlfriends for senior night. Gotta save those for the kids to see later!

4. 4 mums I wore on homecoming. Super fun memories.

5. An interview I conducted for my health class in college. The person I selected to interview was my sister. And it was life changing. I'll include the transcript on a rainy day. It's entertaining to say the least.

6. Cards. Billions of cards I have kept throughout my childhood. I love receiving greeting cards, and will not throw them away. I have tons and tons of them. I'm going to be on the TLC show Hoarding: Buried Alive. The camera man will have to shovel out greeting cards just to make it in my doorway.

7. My favorite was looking at old pictures. Especially from middle school. Oh, it's crazy how things seem so cool and 15 years later....not so much. So much for foresight.

8. All of the items from my Philosophy class. It made me curse Matt Miller all over again. And that was amusing.

My work is done here. My belongings and memories now sit in a mini-storage, waiting. I'm not sure for what. Strange how things can mean so much and stir up such memories. It is just stuff, after all.

This lovely trip back to my hometown has allowed me to see many people I haven't seen in a long time. It's good to catch up with everyone and to think about all these people in Oklahoma who I love! My heart feels full and content to know what is going on with everyone. Love it. There's no place like home! Especially when mom cooks delicious food.

Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment