Monday, October 21, 2013

Adventures of a Mother Runner

I have an equation I need help solving.  I know, I know....why am I asking you to do Math when, clearly, the post title indicates the content should be running.  Well, impatient.  You haven't read the equation yet!

(Toe fracture+3 weeks off the already shortened 10 week training plan)/5 hours of sleep the night before the race=X

Solve for X, my friend.  That's what I'll be doing early this coming Saturday morning.

In all seriousness...I am not looking for a record breaking time (thank GOODNESS).  I run this race, which is the Chosen Half Marathon, to show my support to some of my most dear friends as they raise funds for their adoption.  I will run with gusto, walk with pride, hobble in support.  I aim to cover every inch of the course, even with pain if it amounts to that.  They have taken their journey in stride with pain and joy.  I know that the emotions and feelings I have during a race pale in comparison to what they have been through, BUT I pray they know just how much they are loved and supported by their friends and family; how much we have cried and rejoiced alongside them.

BATTLE CRY! "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever, Amen!"  Ephesians 3:20-21

(Two posts in one day - Bazinga!)

No comments:

Post a Comment