Thursday, March 28, 2013

I miss you

I've seen you a few times since you left.

Once at Taco Bell.  You came over and smiled at my sweet daughter.  You looked just the same.  I half expected you to hook your thumbs in your over-alls and smile to yourself before heading out the door with your quiet strength.

A few times I've dreamed of you.  You grinned your approval when I told you I was pregnant.  You responded, "Well." with a twinkle in your eye.  You always could tell a story with one word or just a look.  You were proud.  Excited; telling me good job with just a word.  "Well."

Last week.  You drove by me in your old, blue farm truck that you had when I was a little girl.  I looked over and waved my sadness away in that moment, because you were there saying "hi" with a one finger wave.

Every time I hear Amazing Grace.

We all miss you.


No comments:

Post a Comment