Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Little Things

So, let me just say that I love skype! In addition to having unlimited access to news, music, banking, facebook, blogging, etc, I can video chat! How did I go so long without a good computer?? I have finally joined everyone in the year 2010. I'm even bringing my mom up to speed. That's right. We had a successful chat on skype. Congratulations. We win.

I'd say that today was an all around success. I went to work, and actually worked! I left with a nice feeling of accomplishment, in the 75 degree weather (WINTER, where ARE you???) and set out for a run with my dear husband. At one point I thought either my shin would fall off my leg or I would die, but I finished nonetheless. Triumph! It was a rough day in my running world, but up until this point in my life, every day would have been a rough day in my running world. In fact, running world did not exist for me until last spring. It's nice to come in from a successful run, having worked up a nice hefty appetite, and eat a nice dinner, which happened tonight! Tilapia. Wild rice. Zucchini....Don't mind if I do!

One other reflection for the day, about the earthquake. This morning I was getting ready, thinking about what I would be doing if I was over in Haiti. It was not good. Can you imagine, wondering where family is? Pulling people out from under rubble that weighs tons? Literally? No stores open for groceries or first aid. Plus, no where to go or stay. Everything is demolished. The more I thought about it, the more I was horrified. And now, reading back over the entry, it's crazy how I can even be concerned about the weather, or what I did at work today. Dear Haitians, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I can't wait for the day you can also think about things that don't matter, and find joy in the small things.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment