Thursday, January 19, 2012

Small Town Girl

It's a good indication that I am what some might label as "small town" when the news of the opening of a  new Panera Bread in the B/CS area is the most exciting thing I've heard all week.  Feeble attempts to wake up this morning were made in the form of reading the news online, answering emails (yes, working.  shocking, I know) and even drinking coffee.  The venti CAS my coworker brought me this morning significantly improved the chances of both a great day and being fully awake by 11:00am (even though my work day starts at 7:00....).  but I was jolted from my semi coma and brought into reality at the wondrous mention of this glorious event.

(Those of you who do not frequent Starbucks often enough to know what a CAS is, I'll help you out.  Caramel Apple Spice.  Try it.  It, too, is glorious.  It's difficult to pinpoint which drink wins my heart the most, but this one has been in the top three for a number of years.)

In other disturbing news, I noticed that I wasted a total of almost 4 entire minutes on the commute home yesterday trying to decide on the thermostat setting of the AC in the car.  I interrupted my own nerdy thoughts once I realized that I only wanted it to be set on an even number or multiple of 3 or 5....NEVER a prime number.  And at that point the thought of my new daughter and loving husband next to me was all that kept me from veering off the road.

(The person who enters my vehicle and sets my thermostat on 67 degrees I WILL hunt down.)

I envision the perfect spring day, driving to Panera Bread with sweet little Mattie in the back seat (thermostat set on a nice round 70 or even 68).

Until next time!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment