Friday, April 15, 2011

My Life Without Cable TV

So, my husband and I recently had a run in with the local cable company. This little endeavor lasted about three months and involved numerous shenanigans in which neither customer service nor common decency was displayed by the employees of said local cable company. We are proving a point to this place of business and are no longer partaking in any of their services. Hah! We win!

No. No, no. I'm losing. I am no longer able to spend countless and numerous hours envisioning myself with outfits seen on Bravo, eating food with Guy Fieri, getting ideas for home decor from HGTV, or plain rotting my brain watching drama unfold on the shores of Jersey.

I have moved every piece of furniture and rehung all the pictures in the guest room and office. And, I thought I would never even hint at this, but I actually feel sorry for/identify with my mom who only grew up with two channels, one of which was snowy, both of which were presented on a black and white TV with no remote.

I'm about to read ten books and watch as much NetFlix as humanly possible. Cookies will be baked. Dishes washed, probably I'll be forced into deep house cleaning....No sock will go unmatched. No toenail will go unpainted. No closet will go unorganized. Let the war on sub-par cable providers begin.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment