Monday, June 25, 2012

Attack!

How have I not shared my encounter with the bird?

Lately, when jogging by our corner convenience store, which, by the way, I swear off every time I go in.  Why do I swear it off?  Because the convenience store got with The Man and decided to not post prices on any of the goods for sale in the store.  Well, I'm assuming its all for sale, but who could really tell with no pricing?  They have a "policy" that you may not charge anything under $2 on your credit card.  My natural inclination is to pick up the cheapest nearby object and waste more money just to hit the $2 mark - a great strategy if anything had pricing!  Half the time I pick something that ends up being $3+ and then they win.  I suggested they just add the amount to my tab that would total up to $2, but they weren't going to be tricked into that.  Just to get even I've started not buying items that don't hit the mark by abandoning my transaction at the register.  Nicely, of course.  They want to play games with me?  BOOM

So, back to lately.  Lately they have hired a bird to dive-bomb my head as I jog by on the sidewalk.  This relentless bird swoops down from the electric line when you least expect it, and also right as you meet a biking fool who takes great joy in watching/laughing as you freak out like a spaz, screaming and flailing your arms.

No matter how traumatized I am by the attack, I seem to forget to not go that way and it happens all over again.

And again.

No matter the time of day.

'til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment